BAE Systems, one of the world's leading defense contractors and a stable Fortune 500 Company, is hiring a Technical Planning and Control Senior Engineer located at our Minneapolis site.
The Technical Planning and Control Senior Engineer supports the planning for and execution of activities on the program. Works with others to satisfy project technical performance, cost, schedule, resource staffing and deliverables. If you are engineering looking to get more into Project Management, this position is for you.
Specifically, the Technical Planning and Control Senior Engineer responsibilities include:
* Supports development, management and implementation of project plans including Project Management Plan, Risk and Opportunity Plan, detailed task definition, resource requirements, schedule, quality, and cost parameters.
* Implements and manages processes and tools to identify program issues, risks and opportunities, assesses technical and programmatic impacts, helps formulate mitigation plans and tracks progress.
* Develops and maintains Program Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) dictionary and compliance matrixes.
* Identifies, monitors and reports program and system metrics.
* Works closely with finance to support the Integrated Master Schedule (IMS), resource loading Earned Value Management System (EVMS), contract spend plan, estimate at complete tracking and ensure adequate funding is in place for execution.
* Supports program subcontract management, ensuring proper execution of the subcontract to meet technical performance, cost and schedule obligations.
* Applies broad knowledge of engineering principles and disciplines, includes customer understanding, product knowledge and specialty technology areas to achieve results.
* Coordinates Lifecycle Management (LCM) execution on all phases of a program (from capture to delivery and closure).
* Supports trade analyses, Configuration Management, requirements and architecture Change Control Boards (CCBs).
* Applies program and systems approach and product life cycle knowledge, resolve conflicts between individual disciplines and conflicting requirements to benefit the total system performance, quality, schedule, resources, and cost.
* Supports project technical results and recommendations to internal and external customers.
* Plans, supports, and participates in internal reviews including peer reviews, technical/design reviews, and program reviews. Helps coordinates and participates in formal technical reviews with customer.
* Maintains up-to-date knowledge of Program Management, industry practices, trends, and applications to enhance the organization's project and technical capabilities. Continuously strives to maintain and enhance the technical reputation of BAE Systems with customers and industry.