Chief Scientist II - ACE (Fitchburg)
Compensation: $123,845.00 - $202,650.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Scientific Research
Loading some great jobs for you...
Clearance Level - Must Currently Possess
ITAR: U.S Citizen or Green Card Required
Clearance Level - Must Be Able to Obtain
The Autonomy, Control, & Estimation (ACE) Technology Product Line is a cutting-edge, multidisciplinary research organization that is BAE Systems' lead for invention and strategy of innovative solutions for mission systems autonomy and technologies focused on situational awareness, decision making, and knowledge discovery
ACE develops technologically disruptive, War-winning capabilities that drive mission system autonomy and decision-making through the Assess Learn Act cycle, at any speed, and across domains. ACEs vision is to be the premier source of Autonomy research & development and technology disruption. Applications of our technology include contested space, ground, maritime, and cyber domains over a range of sensing modalities that span the technology readiness spectrum from basic research through transition to fielded operational systems. Our cutting edge projects and opportunities advance the frontiers of science and contribute disruptive features to current and emerging warfighter systems so that we protect those who protect us.
We seek an entrepreneurial and experienced Chief Scientist to lead and engage in the full contract research and development program lifecycle. You will:
Typical Education & Experience
- Provide technical leadership on programs from capture through execution and technology transition through BAE Systems business areas
- Develop program concepts and lead teams to create complex systems and algorithms that solve the most pressing technology challenges of our time
- Oversee and engage in preparation of technical, management, and cost proposals
- Mentor and advise both junior and senior staff
- Develop and manage technical strategy that has broad impact to the ACE product line
- Achieve new business capture financial objectives
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 12 years work experience or equivalent experienceRequired Skills and Education
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
- Master's with 10+ years, or Ph.D. with 8+ years of experience, in the following or related fields: Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Electrical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Operations Research, or related discipline
- Experience as a capture lead and Chief Scientist responsible for securing and executing DARPA, IARPA or other Government S&T lab R&D programs
- Experience leading program technical execution teams executing complex research programs
- Technical expertise in one or more of the following areas: Artificial Intelligence, Game Theory, Data Science, Machine Learning, Autonomous Systems
- Published co-author/author of publications of high profile conference papers, presentations, journal articles, and books
- Maintains a significant network of scientists and technical decision makers
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact for our customers and the communities we serve.
BAE Systems is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.Important Company Notices andSCAM Alert
Associated topics: artificial intelligence, c++, c#, electronic engineering, malware, photonics, processor, programming, schematic, software
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...