AVL is the world's largest independent company for development, simulation and testing technology of powertrains (hybrid, combustion engines, transmission, electric drive, batteries and software) for passenger cars, trucks and large engines. AVL North America has around 600 employees and 3 locations in Michigan: Plymouth - Headquarters, Ann Arbor and Bloomfield.
Project Engineer I - Applied Simulation (2273) Location: America: USA
* Plymouth, Michigan
Department: Production Engineering
AVL Powertrain Engineering is looking for a proactive individual to add to the applied simulation team. Qualified candidates must possess experience in simulation, MATLAB/Simulink, and need to be proficient in time management. Experience in ADAS/AD and HiL is preferred. The Project Engineer I - Applied Simulation will provide simulation support, across a wide range of projects, within the vehicle (including ADAS/AD)/powertrain (conventional and electrified) control strategy and calibration development domains. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. Employer will not sponsor an applicant for a work visa for this position.
* Specific Responsibilities - Simulation Environment Development and Support - Vehicle/Powertrain Controls & Calibration Focus
* Plans and performs all elements (hardware and software) of controls/calibration based simulation environment development and support, and other relevant engineering project work within the project team as required.
* Plans and manages engineering resources according to project requirements.
* Works on specific phases or aspects of projects such as technical studies, preparation of specifications, technical plans, data analysis and validation.
* Supports/ensures data quality and writes technical project reports.
* Reviews project for compliance with engineering principles, company standards, and customer requirements
* Coordinates activities concerned with technical development, scheduling, and resolving engineering test issues.
* Plans and executes simulation related research and development activities.
* Supports, organizes, and leads customer meetings.
* Other duties as required to insure project success
* A Project Engineer I - Applied Simulation is expected to be able to demonstrate performance abilities in the following areas:
* Efficient on time delivery of program expectations with consistently high feedback
* Demonstration of project management for research project or engineering projects
* Understanding of business development fundamentals and effective communication skills
* Identify and support opportunities for technology development, process improvements, tool development, and knowledge capture and re-use.
* Expertise in the use of Matlab/Simulink
* Expertise in electronic hardware design
* Expertise in various programming languages: Python, C, C++, Java, etc
* Knowledge of hybrid/electrification technology within passenger car, medium duty, or heavy duty
* Hybrid/electric powertrain functionality knowledge
* Knowledge in at least two of the following areas:
* HiL system development and operation
* Test scripting environment development and operation
* Communication network (e.g. CAN) development and testing knowledge
* Knowledge in one or more of the following areas would be beneficial:
* Electronic controller hardware specifying and developing/sourcing
* Powertrain integration to vehicle / chassis development and production release
* Automotive control functionality/calibrationdevelopment (Matlab/Simulink, etc)
* Hybrid/electrification system and component testing
* Working effectively with customers and other program staff and team members
* Accountability for individual and team delivery
* Active pursuit of personal and departmental improvement
* Effective communication with all levels of the program team
* Experience and Education
* Bachelors degree in engineering
* 0-3+ years' experience in applicable area
* Coop and/or research experience in area of expertise
* Experience within a collegiate design program or similar
Seize the professional challenges and opportunities offered by a high-tech enterprise - join our international team. We look forward to receiving your details; please use our online application form or send your application to AVL North America, Inc / AVL Powertrain Engineering, Inc. EOE Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access www.avl.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling (734)-###-####
Associated topics: bsee, design, dsp, electric, electrician, energy, image processing, kv, renewable, wire