Director, New Product Planning, Global Market Access
Compensation: $122,260.00 - $195,330.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Advertising/Marketing/Public Relations
Loading some great jobs for you...
Ready to join a team committed to developing and commercializing gene therapies for patients and families devastated by rare neurological genetic diseases? AveXis is advancing cutting-edge science, starting with our proprietary gene therapy for the treatment of spinal muscular atrophy (SMA). We are in the midst of an incredible journey and are looking for passionate individuals to join us on this important mission.
AveXis, a Novartis company, is dedicated to developing and commercializing novel treatments for patients suffering from rare and life-threatening neurological genetic diseases. Our initial product is a proprietary gene therapy approved by the US Food and Drug Administration for the treatment of pediatric patients with SMA. In addition to developing a treatment for SMA, AveXis also plans to develop other novel treatments for rare neurological diseases, including Rett syndrome and a genetic form of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis caused by mutations in the superoxide dismutase 1 (SOD1) gene. Other assets will follow.
The Director, Global Market Access, New Product Planning will be responsible for developing and implementing market access strategies to ensure the successful launch and growth of AveXis new products globally. He/she will ensure global market access strategies and product value proposition are aligned with corporate and commercial strategies, including positioning, country sequencing, price corridors, price/volume tradeoffs, and corporate stance on topics such as market entry and reference pricing. This position will also have responsibility to support business development projects from a price, reimbursement and access perspective.Responsibilities
- Lead key global market access initiatives for assigned new products, working closely with global health outcomes and economics research, global business analytics and regional leadership, to include development of value proposition and core value messages, global value dossier, global pricing and access strategy and negotiation strategy.
- Lead key market access initiatives for new products, including payer advisory boards, and coordinate regional feedback to ensure local and regional market access needs are considered and incorporated in clinical and commercial plans.
- Support assigned business development assessments from a pricing, access and reimbursement perspective.
- Support value communication plan for new products in close collaboration with Public Relations, Investor Relations, Medical Affairs, Commercial, and other key stakeholders.
- Proactively identify targeted opportunities with payers, HTA bodies, and other stakeholders to enable access and reimbursement for gene therapies and for rare diseases.
- Work closely with Marketing and Advocacy, who will focus on patient groups, to shape a favorable policy environment for access, including early patient identification.
- Plan, organize and co-facilitate cross-functional Global Health Economics and Access Strategy Team meetings in collaboration with team co-leads to ensure all initiatives (e.g., HEOR, Market Access, Business Insights, Policy) for new products are fully integrated, aligned and on-schedule to support the value of new products and ensure launch readiness globally.
- Instill, support, and role model a culture of ethics and integrity.
- Operate within approved budgets.
- Maintain industry awareness in scope of responsibilities regarding external landscape and trends.
- Develop and execute risk-sharing agreements and in-country outcomes registries in partnership with HEOR and Medical Affairs.
- Passionate about science and economics of medicines and a creative mind; ability to create a compelling value story with payers and policymakers.
- Ability to be highly effective in collaborating in a regional organization and experienced building relationships and influencing without authority.
- Effectively represent the Company internally and externally with executive presence.
- A bachelor's degree or similar degree is required and an advanced degree (Masters, Doctorate, or similar degree) is preferred.
- 5+ years of experience as a market access leader that includes new product planning and/or launch and commercialization of innovative, first-in-class specialty pharmaceutical products across several regions during his/her career.
- Successfully held a role of similar capacity at another company and/or having access experience in Europe and other key global markets and/or US required.
- Ability to work across multiple functions, geographies (including Novartis in various regions) and cultures and in a company with global functions in the U.S.
- Prior experience in rare diseases, high-value products, and in a small, rapidly growing company are preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English is required and proficiency in one of the major languages spoken in the region is preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in the development and execution of market access plans for highly specialized products.
- Successful first-hand ex-US experience in pricing, reimbursement and access for high-value products, including at least the EU5/UK, with experience in rare disease and emerging markets preferred.
- A genuine care for patients and a desire to make a meaningful difference in their lives.
- Entrepreneurial, innovative, collaborative and decisive and have the tenacity to 'make things happen.'
This position can be based in the US AveXis headquarters, remote within the US or remotely based in Europe. Travel is estimated to be 30-40%.
The level of this position will be based on the final candidate's qualifications.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
AveXis is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, sexual orientation or veteran status.
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...