Engineering Technician (Weekend shift) - Mount Wolf
Compensation: $87,890.00 - $131,500.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
Under supervision of the Engineering Manager the Engineering Technician will develop processes, tests, and documentation required to support all production repair functions. Attention to detail and proficiency in analog, digital and RF disciplines is required. Has the ability to recognize deviations from company practices and standards and takes appropriate action. Applies job skills and company policies to solve complex problems. Provides input to company and general practices and standards. Solves complex line/ process problems through high degree of initiative.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Work from complex schematics, layouts, and diagrams.
- Utilize multimeters, oscilloscopes, RF signal generators, spectrum analyzers, power meters, and communication test sets.
- Performs level 3 phone repair including but not limited to soldering, cosmetics and small component replacement.
- Coordinate with OEM and Cwork materials associates to source required components.
Evaluate new phones, qualify components, support equipment maintenance, etc.
- Evaluate new model to create repair documentation including assembly / disassembly, functional, troubleshoot, etc. documentation.
- Interface with OEM to remedy component availability issues.
- Interpret ISB s, CSB s, and FSB s and determine relevance to daily responsibilities.
- Actively identify & pursue process improvement initiatives.
- Identify and report process deficiencies and potential improvements to the department Supervisor.
- Support level 3 technicians with documentation, tooling, training, etc.
- Perform root cause failure analysis on field failures and repair process failures.
Responsibility for work of others.
May give direction to other employees
Basic Qualifications Required - Experience, Skills, and Knowledge
- Associates degree in Electronics Engineering or equivalent trade school Certification.
- Minimum three years of related tech and customer service experience.
- Wireless manufacturer (OEM) repair certification preferred.
- Travel/Shift work Weekend Shift : 6:00 AM - 6:30 PM
- Able to read and comprehend moderately complex instructions.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees, leads and supervisor of the organization.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations where only limited oral instructions are available.
- Can perform analysis/ work using some independent judgment. Decisions may affect team.
- Ability to use positive interpersonal skills to handle customer problems.
- Must possess oral and written communication skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work scheduled hours required plus overtime as dictated by company.
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word & Excel) for purpose of production documentation creation.
- To perform the major job responsibilities must have computer skills including Microsoft Office with procedure / documentation writing background.
- Has awareness of new technologies/techniques.
- Communicates skills and problem resolution.
- Requires basic arithmetic skills.
- Proven knowledge of CDMA/ GSM / LTE/ RF communications tester use.
- Soldering skills including surface mount rework, shield, and connector replacement experience.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the wireless data.
- Has a substantial understanding of the job and applies knowledge and skills to complete a wide range of tasks.
- Have the ability, visual acuity and manual aptitude to recognize and accurately repair/install components according to product specification. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may occasionally have to bend down to reach product components. The employee frequently is required to talk and hear. The employee may be required to sit for extended periods of time. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color visions and ability to adjust focus. The employee is regularly required to sit at their work station and use hands to disassemble, assemble, operate, and repair equipment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Associated topics: civil, civil engineer, construction, draft, draw, infrastructure, remedial, road, roadway, superstructure
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...