Tunnel Engineering Intern- Available Summer 2020
Start Here, Go Anywhere! Are you looking for an opportunity to shape a better world?
During your internship at Arup, you'll have the chance to work with some of the most highly respected engineers and specialists in the world. You'll also get the opportunity to work on exciting and significant projects, delivering quality work that has a positive and lasting influence on the community and the environment.
Responsibilities of this specific role will include, but not be limited to the following:
* Partake in initial ground support design
* Complete final lining design using structural analysis with hand calculations, structural software, etc.
* Perform field work and techniques associated with tunnel construction
* Interact with a wide range of disciplines and skills within Arup
* Participate in internal training, both technical and non-technical
* Prepare and review reporting, calculations, plans, drawings and specifications
* Currently pursuing a Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent with emphasis on Structures, Geotechnics, Mining
* Minimum 3.0 GPA or higher
* Professional demeanor
* Skills in planning and organizing
* Ability to communicate thoughts and technical ideas in an accessible way
* Master's Degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent with emphasis on Structures, Geotechnics, Mining
* 3.5 GPA or higher
* EIT/FE Certification
* Internship experience with a design firm
* Coursework in Underground Design and Construction, Mechanical Tunneling and Construction, Concrete and Steel Design, Rock Mechanics, Soil Mechanics, Geology, Construction Management
* Geotechnical and Structural software skills, AutoCAD/Microstation skills
* Evidence of past internship or extracurricular activity in the field
* Proven ability to perform in a deadline environment
* Past history of technical presentation and technical writing
Arup is the creative force at the heart of many of the world's most prominent projects across our industry. We offer a broad range of professional services to clients around the world that combine to make a real difference to our clients and the communities in which we work.
* 2nd Avenue Subway, New York
* Lake Mead intake 3, Nevada
* Silicon Valley clean water, California
* Long baseline Neutrino facility, South Dakota
* Crossrail, London
* Melbourne Metro, Australia
Arup is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment where our people are encouraged to thrive.
Associated topics: building, building code, civil engineer, concrete, drainage, function, infrastructure, microstation, superstructure, traffic
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...