Tunnel Engineer position available (New York, NY)
* Design and construct underground tunnels and infrastructure for civil engineering projects;
* Perform development and production of design packages, including, conducting numerical simulations, drawings, specifications, geotechnical/tunnel memoranda, and reports for mines, tunnels and underground projects;
* Contribute tunnel and other underground project marketing and business development;
* Handle soil-structure interaction design projects, particularly in underground structures and foundations;
* Work on infrastructure and building projects with focus on underground structures such as tunnels, stations, shafts, or hydropower;
* Interpret test results from ground investigation for design purposes as well as interpretation and preparation of Geotechnical Baseline and/or Interpretive reports (GBRs/ GIRs);
* Perform design and analysis using various industry standard engineering software for underground structures, excavations, foundations, seismic site response analyses, and slopes;
* Carry out structural and/or seismic design of underground structures in accordance with relevant Codes; and,
* Interact with engineers from various disciplines and collaborate in the design of building foundations, bridge foundations, and tunnels;
* Requires Master's degree plus 2 years of experience or Bachelor's degree plus 5 years of experience.
Arup is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment where our people are encouraged to thrive.
Associated topics: building, building code, civil, department of transportation, function, infrastructure, land, microstation, structural analysis, traffic
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...