Start Here, Go Anywhere! Are you looking for an opportunity to shape a better world?
During your career at Arup, you'll have the chance to engage in a fulfilling career and work with some of the most highly respected engineers and specialists in the world. You'll also get the opportunity to work on exciting and significant projects, delivering quality work that has a positive and lasting influence on the community and the environment.
Responsibilities of this specific role will include, but not be limited to the following:
* Create solutions to built environment challenges using the art and science of structural engineering
* Design structural systems and perform structural analysis within a team of engineers
* Attend meetings and learn from listening, asking questions and discussion.
* Learn and implement software and technology skills to perform structural analysis, design, and documentation.
* Continually develop new skills and experience through Arup University, Arup Structural Skills Network, and on-the-job learning
* Learn and understand local and international codes and regulations
* Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering or Architectural Engineering
* 3.0 GPA or higher
* Coursework in structural analysis, advanced steel design and advanced reinforced concrete design
* Professional demeanor
* Skills in planning and organizing
* Ability to communicate thoughts and technical ideas in an accessible way
* Attitude of taking initiative, enthusiasm, and eagerness to learn.
* Candidate must not require sponsorship, now or in the future to be considered for this role
* Master's Degree in Civil Engineering or Architectural Engineering with emphasis on Structures
* Coursework in structural dynamics, earthquake engineering
* Internship experience with a design firm
* FE/ EIT certification
* Structural software skills, AutoCAD skills, Revit skills, 3D modeling skills (Rhino, SketchUp, etc.)
* Evidence of past internship or extracurricular activity in the field
* Proven ability to perform in a deadline environment
* Past history of technical presentations and technical writing
* Evidence of personal investment in academic or extracurricular field
* Ability to visually communicate through a variety of media
Arup is the creative force at the heart of many of the world's most prominent projects across our industry. We offer a broad range of professional services to clients around the world that combine to make a real difference to our clients and the communities in which we work.
* Second Avenue Subway
* Fulton Street Transit Center
* JetBlue Airway's Terminal 5 at JFK Airport
* Renovation of Lincoln Center
Upon joining Arup your journey is likely to be varied and rewarding, giving you the opportunity to make a positive difference in the world. Outlined below are a few of the benefits Arup has to offer you as a FT employee of the firm:
* Global Profit Share - paid out bi-annually
* Personal Health Insurance
* 401(k) - with a dollar for dollar company match up to 10%
* Paid Time Off (PTO)
* Tuition reimbursement
* Professional Membership and Certification reimbursement
* Short Term and Long Term Assignment Career Opportunities around the Globe
Arup is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment where our people are encouraged to thrive.
Associated topics: building, building code, draft, draw, land, microstation, remedial, superstructure, traffic, transportation
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...