Field Service Engineer
Employment Type: Full-Time
Our client, a successful and thriving medical device and biotechnology business, has a new opening for a Field Service Engineer to focus on the Southeast USA territory. The main territory will be from Florida to Tennessee and up to Washington DC area. However, there is a team of six Field Service Engineers covering North America, so it is possible you could be called on to help within another state or territory. You will work directly with physicians and laboratory professionals to provide service on automated laboratory equipment, microscopy, and other living cell processing equipment. Any experience in medical device or diagnostic equipment field service with electro-mechanical equipment, microscopes or medical devices should qualify you for this opening. Domestic Travel is frequent and training will be in Denmark once travel is safe in that region.
Field Service Engineer Responsibilities:
- Perform final installation services at customer locations throughout North America for fulfillment of equipment sales.
- Provide service, maintenance, calibration and validation of equipment as needed.
- Answers inquiries over the telephone from customers and sales personnel as needed. Offers technical support over the telephone as necessary.
- Provide on-site and or in house equipment repair as needed.
- Ability to travel frequently to sites and possibly work extended hours as required when setting up and validating lab equipment or when providing support services. Up to 90% travel required.
- Maintain accurate paper work supporting device history records. Secure Sales Order confirmation by end users, documenting satisfactory installation of products.
- Participate in the equipment provision for workshops and trade shows (set up and tear down) assuring care and maintenance of equipment and packaging.
- Manage travel arrangements related to field work with a focus on reducing downtime and travel related costs.
- Participate in production and workflow planning meetings and other related company functions as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Field Service Engineer Qualifications:
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related technical discipline or equivalent experience.
- Medical device service background required.
- Prefer 1 year direct service experience supporting Warming or Temperature control products, culture media processing or other Invitro-Fertilization products.
- Basic understanding of microscopy and micromanipulation of living cells.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and work independently.
- Good interpersonal skills when relating with customers, peers and management.
- Experience in electrical troubleshooting. Familiarity with electronic test equipment and associated hand tools.
- Experience in mechanical installation and troubleshooting.
- Ability to solve problems, identify solutions and develop action plans to satisfy customer needs.
- Analytical abilities to diagnose repair needs of improperly functioning products.
- Experience working with MS Office and ERP systems.
- Passing of background check, which may include verification of prior employment, criminal conviction history, educational and driving records.
Loading some great jobs for you...