Compensation: $88,470.00 - $136,500.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Ansys is the global leader in engineering simulation, helping the world's most innovative companies deliver radically better products to their customers. By offering the best and broadest portfolio of engineering simulation software, Ansys helps companies solve the most complex design challenges and engineer products limited only by imagination. SUMMARY
The Simulation Process and Data Management Application Engineer is responsible for helping customers to deploy enterprise-level solutions that enable customers to more effectively utilize advanced simulation technologies throughout their product development and engineering process.
This position will work closely work with the customer, ANSYS Solution Architects and ANSYS implementation specialists to
- Participate in Pre-Sale activities like customer meetings and product demonstrations
- Create necessary collateral and demo environments
- Create SoWs, training material and other necessary documentation
Successful candidates will also work with ANSYS Solution Architects to understand and influence product capabilities and roadmaps and should have a passion for applying technology to deliver solutions that help customers engineer better products. RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with ANSYS Solution Architects and Account Managers to understand customer needs
- Analyze customers' business and technical needs and requirements, and develop solutions that will meet them
- Create customer presentations to support sales activity
- Create training materials and assist in customers and partners training
- Create/assist in generating SoWs
- Create help manuals and deployment guides
- Participate in internal corporate initiatives to further enhance the solution suites, presales/sales enablement, and professional growth
- Be a team player who can collaborate effectively with all key ANSYS and customer stakeholders including sales, product development, project management, implementation engineers, customer end-users and IT leadership
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science or related field
- 1 year of working experience in an agile team with focus on pre-sales activities
- Experience in one of the following environments:
- Engineering Software - ANSYS or Commercial CAE/CAD/EDA
- Enterprise Systems - PLM/ALM/ERP
- Demonstratable skills in writing and presenting in fluent English
- Logical problem-solving mindset and the ability to communicate the situation and proposed solution
- Self-starter who possesses a sense of urgency, strong organizational and follow - up skills
- Ability to travel up to 30%.
A minimum of 3 years of very deep, broad, and demonstratable experience within IT infrastructures, such as the following:
CULTURE AND VALUES
- Working technical knowledge in any PLM application
- Ability to understand customer requirements and generate requirements document
- Experience in creating presentations supporting pre-sales activities
- The candidate must be flexible and adaptable regarding learning and understanding new technologies along with strong written and oral communication skills.
- The candidate should also have strong interpersonal skills with the ability to research and debug software-related issues and products.
Culture and values are incredibly important to Ansys. They inform us of who we are, of how we act. Values aren't posters hanging on a wall or about trite or glib slogans. They aren't about rules and regulations. They can't just be handed down the organization. They are shared beliefs - guideposts that we all follow when we're facing a challenge or a decision. Our values tell us how we live our lives; how we approach our jobs. Our values are crucial for fostering a culture of winning for our company:
WORKING AT ANSYS
- Customer focus
- Results and Accountability
- Transparency and Integrity
- Sense of urgency
- Collaboration and Teamwork
At Ansys, you will find yourself among the sharpest minds and most visionary of leaders, collectively aiming to change the world with innovative technology and remarkable solutions. With the prestigious reputation in servicing well-known, world-class companies, standards at Ansys are high, met by those willing to rise to the occasion and meet those challenges head-on. Because at Ansys, it's about the learning, the discovery and the collaboration. It's about the 'what's next' as much as the 'mission accomplished'. It's about the melding of disciplined intellect with strategic direction and results that have, can and will impact real people in real ways, forged within a working environment built on respect, autonomy and ethics.
At Ansys, you will find yourself among those eager to drive the world towards the next best thing with hands planted firmly on the wheel.
Our team is passionate about pushing the limits of world-class simulation technology so our customers can turn their design concepts into successful, innovative products faster and at lower cost. As a measure of our success in attaining these goals, Ansys has been recognized as one of the world's most innovative companies by prestigious publications such as Bloomberg Businessweek and FORTUNE magazines.
Ansys is an S&P 500 company and a component of the NASDAQ-100.
For more information, please visit us at www.ansys.com
Ansys is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Ansys does not accept unsolicited referrals for vacancies, and any unsolicited referral will become the property of Ansys. Upon hire, no fee will be owed to the agency, person, or entity. Nearest Major Market:
Chicago Job Requirements:* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...