Process Development Engineer (Little Compton)
Employment Type: Full-Time
The successful candidate will apply fundamental scientific principles to Biopharmaceutical manufacturing processes (upstream cell culture and downstream purification) including:
- A good understanding of purification sciences including chromatography, ultrafiltration, normal flow filtration, virus inactivation and virus filtration operations.
- Familiarity with chemical engineering principles for the scale up of unit operations from bench scale to commercial scale. Analyzing manufacturability; understanding process capabilities and means to achieve yield optimizations and increased efficiencies.
The candidate will execute on technology transfer projects, resolve processing issues, and conduct technical assessments on process/product impact due to changes in equipment, scale, and raw materials. The candidate will be responsible for providing on the floor support during clinical and validation runs and compiling relevant process data. The candidate will provide technical support and assist in the troubleshooting of clinical and commercial drug substance manufacturing.Basic Qualifications
Bachelors and 2 years of Process Development or Operations experience
Associate's degree and 6 years of Process Development or Operations experience
High school diploma/GED and 8 years of Process Development or Operations experiencePreferred Qualifications
- 1+ years of experience in a Biotech/Pharma Process Development and/or Manufacturing Support role for drug substance manufacturing.
- Able to apply engineering principles and statistical analysis, including design of experiments, in-order to solve processing issues and evaluate opportunities for process improvements
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Demonstrated ability to work under moderate direction.
- Able to analyze and interpret data
- Be a self-starter with the ability to take on several projects at one time
Amgen discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen was one of the first companies to realize the new science's promise by bringing safe, effective medicines from lab, to manufacturing plant, to patient. Amgen therapeutics has changed the practice of medicine, helping millions of people around the world in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis, and other serious illnesses. With a deep and broad pipeline of potential new medicines, Amgen remains committed to advancing science to dramatically improve people's lives.
Advancing science and helping patients - these dual passions are ingrained in our culture. They drive our work, our values, and everything we do at Amgen. For staff around the world, our mission to serve patients and our commitment to science makes Amgen a place where we can make a positive difference in people's lives while pursuing a challenging and fulfilling career. To foster a setting in which all staff may excel, we support a variety of growth opportunities-from training and education to expanding current job responsibilities.
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Associated topics: bio, biomedical engineer, biophysics, bioprocessing, enzyme, hereditary, medical, metabolic, msat, therapeutic
Loading some great jobs for you...