A rapidly expanding, entrepreneurial technology company, Alarm.com, is seeking an ambitious, talented, entry level electrical Design Engineer. Very few small companies innovate and develop across such a broad range of technologies as Alarm.com.
The electrical design Engineer position is ideal for candidates who want to work with technologies such as cellular networks (3G, LTE, Cat-M, NB-IoT) and mesh/star sub-GHz networks. Opportunities include both the design of cutting-edge low power battery powered devices, innovative sensing applications, and life safety devices.
* Develop, design, simulate, and test a range of battery powered cellular sensors for challenging conditions
* Design and test hardware for life safety applications in a challenging global market
* Design and simulate analog and digital circuits to work in power constrained environments and in challenging enclosures/environments to meet specifications, schedule, and efficient operation
* Design for high volume manufacturing
* Research and identify the best low power sensing technologies to meet product requirements
* Work closely with RF design engineers on hardware design to optimize RF performance and minimize EMI
* Work closely with Mechanical design engineers to meet product requirements with challenging space constraints
* Collaborate with Firmware engineers to ensure efficient hardware verification and board bring up
* Operate independently but working with senior engineers to understand and be fully aligned with company goals and strategies
* Build and augment existing HW automation and test equipment to optimize and reduce manual testing time.
* Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering or a similar technical discipline; or equivalent demonstrable experience is required
* 1+ years of electrical HW engineering experience including schematic capture, layout design, hardware bring up
* Skilled in circuit design, simulation, and testing
* Knowledgeable and forward-thinking regarding technologies and developments in batteries and low power design
* Rigorous attention to detail with focus on robustness, scalability, and quality of products
* Self motivation and the discipline to thoroughly test and vet circuit designs
* Organized with strong communication skills and a customer service mentality
* Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously in a small, fast-paced environment
BONUS POINTS FOR:
* Previous experience in working with cellular and local area radios, home automation protocols, USB and Ethernet, and various modern sensors
* Previous experience with Altium PCB Design software and high volume manufacturing
* Designing for UL, EN, and NFA2P life safety requirements
* Previous experience working with battery power devices, low power systems, and/or sensors
* Experience with the C programming language
* Master of Science degree
WHY WORK FOR ALARM.COM?
* Collaborate with outstanding people: We hire only the best. Our standards are high and our employees enjoy working alongside other high achievers.
* Make an immediate impact: New employees can expect to be given real responsibility for bringing new technologies to the marketplace. You are empowered to perform as soon as you join the Alarm.com team!
* Gain well rounded experience: Alarm.com offers a diverse and dynamic environment where you will get the chance to work directly with executives and develop expertise across multiple areas of the business.
* Work with the latest technologies: You'll gain exposure to a broad spectrum of IoT, SaaS and M2M technologies including wireless communication, video monitoring, smart home automation, web development, and backend application development and hosting.
* Focus on fun: Alarm.com places high value on our team culture. We even have a committee dedicated to hosting a stand-out holiday party, happy hours, and other fun corporate events.
Alarm.com is the leading cloud-based platform for smart security and the Internet of Things. More than 6 million home and business owners depend on our solutions every day to make their properties safer, smarter, and more efficient. And every day, we're innovating new technologies in rapidly evolving spaces including AI, video analytics, facial recognition, machine learning, energy analytics, and more. Alarm.com earned the Top Workplace? award for our employee culture and the meaningful work we do to give property owners peace of mind, help them conserve energy and water, and stay connected to loved ones. We're seeking those who are passionate about creating change through technology and who want to make a lasting impact on the world around them.
Alarm.com offers competitive pay and benefits including a wide choice of healthcare options with generous company subsidy, a health savings account option with company contribution, 401(k) with employer match, paid holidays and paid time off increasing with tenure, paid maternity and paternity leave, company paid STD/LTD and life insurance, flexible spending accounts, and a casual dress work environment.