Design Checker;CAD (CREO, Windchill, Aerospace, Defense)
Compensation: $119,950.00 - $161,900.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
Aerospace & Defense Sector
The Mechanical Engineer, CAD Checker is responsible for the complete checking of overall design, documentation, drawings, and bill of materials for assigned engineering projects.
The project involves electro-mechanical machinery, weldments, cables, schematics, and wire lists.
This person will be responsible for checking new product designs from conceptualization through final product documentation
- Responsible for verifying that Technical Data Package (TDP) is IAW MIL-STD-3001A
- Provide complete and detailed checking of all parts or fabricated assemblies required to produce the finished product - This will involve review/checking 3-D CAD assemblies and associated drawings/BOM's
- Provide design oversight on other designers and drafters & provide some technical liaison between engineering and drafting
- Responsible for dimensional and/or tolerancing specification
- Responsible to conduct thorough tolerance analysis to ensure proper fits and functions on all interfacing assemblies
- Responsible for checking a complete hierachical mechanical bill-of-materials for all assemblies as required and for providing the necessary purchasing documentation to allow smooth transition to production
- Mechanical Design/Drafting experience working on electro-mechanical designs, with direct Checking experience in a production/manufacturing environment
- Working knowledge of AWS welding standards (D1.1) pertaining to ASTM Structural Steel (A36, A572, etc.)
- Familiar with generating TDP IAW MIL-STD-3001A
- Familiar with ASME Y14.100 & MIL-STD-130
- Experience working with Creo (Pro-E) and Windchill. Experience with Solidworks and PDMWorks (CAD Vaulting Software) would be an additional plus
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.Job Requirements:* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...