- AECOM Technology Corporation
- $96,010.00 -138,950.00/year*
United States of America - Massachusetts, Boston
AECOM is actively seeking creative and highly talented Senior Mechanical Engineers for employment in our Buildings + Places practice in Boston, MA and New York City.
AECOM's Buildings + Places business line is dedicated to excellence and integrated design solutions. With a range of expertise from strategy through project realization, the connections we make among people and places provide new insight to better outcomes for clients and communities. Better outcomes grow economies, protect natural systems, conserve natural resources, make societies more equitable and make people healthier and happier. Our expertise includes workplace strategy, economic and development planning, master planning, urban planning, architecture, interiors, building engineering, and landscape architecture. Our B+P team is leading the industry with visionary and forward-thinking projects such as the Golden 1 Center in Sacramento, CA; Liberty Park at the World Trade Center, New York, NY; the Lower Manhattan Coastal Resilience (Big U), NY; and the LA 2024 Olympic bid.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, those listed below:
* Performing mechanical design of heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems as well as plumbing and fire protection for K-12 schools and higher education facilities
* Performing assignments requiring application of standard techniques, procedures and criteria to carry out engineering tasks. Assignments are designed to further develop judgment and understanding of professional and ethical responsibilities
* Performing engineering related calculations and develop drawings and visual aids
* Willing and able to interpret and implement client standards into code compliant designs.
* Willing and able to survey and evaluate existing conditions in order to formulate a fully coordinated scope of work within code compliant mechanical designs.
* Exercising judgment limited to developing details of work in making selections and adaptations of engineering alternatives
* Working under supervision of a project manager or senior level team member
* BS in Mechanical Engineering and 6+ years of related experience, which includes experience and skills in mechanical systems design or demonstrated equivalency of education/experience.
* Must have a strong understanding of building's mechanical systems
* Good interpersonal, organizational and verbal and written communication skills.
* AutoCAD and Revit experience .
* MS Office knowledge
* LEED accredited professional
* Registered engineer in training or professional engineer (PE) preferred
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is
pioneering the future . Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions
inclusion, diversity and overall
employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our
core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only
delivering a better world , but working to \"make amazing happen\" in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.
Job Category Engineering - Mechanical
Business Line Buildings & Places
Business Group Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
Country United States of America
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 215031BR
Additional Locations US - New York, NY - 125 Broad Street
Clearance Required No
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Associated topics: assembly, automotive, bsme, chassis, mechanical engineer, mechanic, msme, naval, powertrain, vehicle
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...