United States of America - Massachusetts, Chelmsford
AECOM is actively seeking a highly motivated I&C Engineer for employment in the Chelmsford, MA office. Support the Chelmsford Design Center - I&C Dept. with the layout and design of water and wastewater treatment facilities and pumping systems.
* This position will involve a variety of new and renovations to existing governmental, commercial, institutional and industrial facilities.
* Work under the supervision of a senior-level team member from the Chelmsford Design Center
* Develop piping and instrumentation drawings (P&IDs) in coordination with water/wastewater process engineers.
* Design control system architecture using a variety of technologies including Ethernet, fiber optic networks, radio, and VPN. Develop drawings to convey the design.
* Generate contract specifications including data sheets for process instrumentation and control systems hardware.
* Write detailed control narrative for full plant operation.
* Develop technical specifications, plans, elevations, section and details.
* Verify compliance with applicable codes and engineering standards / practices.
* Coordinate with other in-house engineering disciplines as needed.
* 5 - 10 years of experience as an I&C Engineer.
* Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (Electrical, Mechanical or Chemical preferred) or equivalent work experience.
* Proficient with AutoCAD MEP and AutoCAD Smart P&ID.
* Work experience with PLCs, communication networks and instruments.
* Ability to work with a diverse team
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Detail-oriented and technical, yet experienced enough to see the big picture
* Experienced, self-directed professional
* Must be a highly motivated self-starter with solid writing and verbal communication skills
* Strong attention to detail and accuracy of work.
* Ability to work independently with minimal oversight.
* Ability to meet quality, schedule and budget expectations.
* Ability to multi-task and be flexible and able to adapt to rapidly changing project requirements and deadlines.
* Ability to apply passion and enthusiasm for design in a collaborative and progressive team-oriented work environment.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point).
* Licensed Professional Engineer.
* PLC programming experience.
* Experience in the water/wastewater industry.
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is
pioneering the future . Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions
inclusion, diversity and overall
employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our
core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only
delivering a better world , but working to \"make amazing happen\" in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.
Job Category Engineering
Business Line Water
Business Group Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
Country United States of America
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 216051BR
Additional Locations US - Boston, MA - One Federal St
Clearance Required No
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.