Industry: Scientific Research - Environmental Science
Type: Full Time
$92,250.00 - 150,860.00
United States of America - Maryland, Beltsville
AECOM is seeking an Environmental Scientist for employment in our Beltsville, MD office. This position requires driving to the office or job site; writing reports/work plans/proposals; utilizing scientific principles, theories, practices and existing technologies to develop technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems; general familiarity within a broad field of scientific knowledge of reciprocal effects of the work upon other disciplines/fields; interprets and records data, conducts analyses, compares findings to relevant studies and local, state, and federal regulations to ensure compliance; field oversight of subcontractors (surveyors, drillers, excavators); collecting environmental samples (including lifting sampling equipment and supplies); waste management; training junior staff; implementing job specific health and safety plans; and effective communication (verbal/written) to both the Project Manager and client.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
* Fully qualified scientist.
* Utilizes scientific principles, theories, practices and existing technologies to develop technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems.
* Requires general familiarity within a broad field of scientific knowledge of reciprocal effects of the work upon other disciplines/fields.
* Interprets and records data, conducts analyses, compares findings to relevant studies and local, state, and federal regulations to ensure compliance.
* Works under only general direction. Independently determines and develops approach to solutions.
* Solves problems by use of combinations of standard procedures, modifications of standard procedures or methods developed in previous assignments.
* Participates in planning required to achieve prescribed objectives.
* Conducts analysis and investigation work obtained from a variety of sources.
* Performs inspections and tests to ensure compliance.
* Participates in developing corrective measures and procedures. Formulates hypothesis, performs research and makes recommendation.
* Bachelor's degree + 4 years of experience OR demonstrated equivalency of experience and/or education
* BS degree in sciences
* 40 Hour HAZWOPER training or certification
* Valid driver's license
* 5+ years of Environmental Scientist
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is
pioneering the future . Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions
inclusion, diversity and overall
employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our
core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only
delivering a better world , but working to "make amazing happen" in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.
Job Category Engineering - Environmental
Business Line Environment
Business Group Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
Country United States of America
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 229183BR
Clearance Required No
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.