Scientist I or II, Biochemistry
Compensation: $96,325.00 - $157,700.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Scientific Research
Loading some great jobs for you...
AbbVie (NYSE:ABBV) is a global, research-driven biopharmaceutical company committed to developing innovative advanced therapies for some of the world's most complex and critical conditions. The company's mission is to use its expertise, dedicated people and unique approach to innovation to markedly improve treatments across four primary therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, virology and neuroscience. In more than 75 countries, AbbVie employees are working every day to advance health solutions for people around the world. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com . Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn .
We are seeking a protein purification scientist to be part of our well-integrated discovery group. As a member AbbVie's Global Biologics team, you will play a key role in the production and characterization of antibodies and related molecules and collaborate with Oncology Discovery scientists to deliver differentiated best-in-class biologics. The ideal candidate would enjoy a lab environment that blends defined protocols to deliver consistent biologics with the freedom to explore innovative new technologies. Above all, we are looking for a highly motivated and collaborative individual with a passion for drug discovery research, who enjoys working in a fast-paced and highly dynamic working environment.
- Understand and execute processes for the purification and characterization of protein biotherapeutics.
- Identify and solve product and production related issues.
- Communicate and actively engage with discovery scientists, collaborators, and outside vendors.
- Facilitate management of timelines, identification of risks and their mitigation.
- Anticipate and help resolve project and resource priority conflicts.
- Champion new technologies to achieve project goals.
- Participate and present at meetings.
This position will be filled at a level commensurate with experience:
For the Scientist I level, we require: Bachelor's Degree and 5+ years of experience, Master's Degree and 2+ years of experience
For the Scientist II level, we require: Bachelor's Degree and 7+ years of experience; MS and 5+ years of experience; in Biochemistry or related discipline.
For both levels, we require:
Significant Work Activities
- A proven record of success in the expression, purification, and characterization of mammalian proteins, including antibodies, antibody fragments, and novel protein constructs
- Experience in the use of various chromatography and purification systems (protein A/G, HIC, IMAC with AKTA systems), and analytical instruments (Agilent HPLC, Waters UPLC and LC/MS, CE-SDS, SDS-PAGE)
- Experience with various protein conjugation technologies (fluorescent dyes, biotin) and protein cleavage methods (pepsin, papain digest)
- Demonstrated ability to enhance protein production capabilities through identification of key technology improvements, innovation, and/or problem solving
- Experience with cell culture and transient expression platforms (e.g., HEK293, CHO) would be a plus.
- Experience working in highly collaborative environment and the ability to work with others to set and meet organizational goals.
Full-timeJob Level Code
ICEqual Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.
Associated topics: biomedical engineer, bioprocessing, fermentation, medical, metabolic, molecular, nutrition, pain, pathogenesis, pharmaceutical
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...