2nd Shift Production Technician l (Schaumburg)
Compensation: $68,550.00 - $137,100.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
- Adhere to Environmental, Health and Safety procedures and guidelines, and facilitate a proactive safety culture. Use Abbvie approved tools for the job to minimize the introduction of extraneous matter into the packaging process.
- Perform all housekeeping cleans on the finishing lines. Able to complete line clearances for lot and list changes and perform blowing of the finishing line/equipment on 1-2 value stream(s).
- Setup and troubleshoot automated equipment in primary and secondary packaging area within 1 value stream. Performs vision system tasks at the mechanic level. Responsible for proper handling and disposition of commodities used during setup and troubleshooting to minimize MUV.
- Servicing and operating automated and semi-automated manufacturing equipment to produce finished product on 1-2 value stream with the ability to complete assigned tasks with minimal supervision.
- Perform and document Quality impactful tasks throughout the production run, including but not limited to challenges, parameters, pulling samples, in-process checks and bulk/commodity accountability.
- Identify and assist in implementation of continuous 6S of parts and tooling across the production floor.
- Escalate safety, quality, technical and operating concerns and ideas in a timely manner to the appropriate groups.
- Communicate and drive improvement opportunities through cross functional teams. Works closely with the production schedule and understands line priorities while working with minimal/limited supervision. Communicates issues and shares learning experiences through maintenance communications.
- Initiates work orders in the CMMS (Maximo) for repairs/improvements to be planned and scheduled.
- Fully capable in troubleshooting and resolving equipment related setup and runtime issues. Ability to escalate and communicate to Engineering & Maintenance appropriately if further troubleshooting and repairs are required.
- High school diploma with equivalent experience. Technical certificate or degree preferred. Technical experience and troubleshooting aptitude preferred. Proficient at Production Specialist I or equivalent work experience.
- Ability to communicate issues to appropriate operations, engineering and mechanical team required.
- A demonstrated focus and understanding of the importance of maintaining the highest level of quality and ensuring compliance to site level policies and procedures.
- Understanding of HMI controls, vision inspection systems, and product serialization systems in order to troubleshoot and resolve inefficiencies in a timely manner.
- Basic computer skills and ability to learn new programs and applications required.
- Understanding and experience with systems such as POMs, SAP, and MAXIMO preferred.
- 3-4 years of knowledge of related cGMP requirements and procedures is preferred.
- Requires standing up to 8-12hs per day and lifting up to 25 pounds.
- Work 40 to 48 hours per week and may work as many as 60 hours depending on manufacturing demands.
Associated topics: automotive, customer service, diagnose, field service, field service technician, machine repair, malfunction, millwright, service technician, troubleshoot
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...