Director Of Engineering - West Chester
Compensation: $86,650.00 - $125,760.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Executive Management
Loading some great jobs for you...
Director of Engineering (Direct Hire)
Greater Philadelphia Area, PA
Job Requisition: 6172
Description for Director of Engineering:
The Director of Engineering will lead the Project Engineering and Mechanical Engineering product development teams for a 100+ year old consumer products company. Will be responsible for the management of domestic manufactured and OEM manufactured engineering projects overseeing the project planning and engineering design to ensure the products align with consumer requirements and customer expectations The Director of Engineering will own the project from ideation through production start and will work with the Product Management team to drive innovation that meets unmet consumer needs. The engineering team is responsible for seeking out value engineering opportunities and working with the cross-functional team to gain alignment on the opportunity prior to moving forward. Must be capable of establishing clear goals that will drive the team performance and accountability to achieve the company goals.
Responsibilities for Director of Engineering:
- Manage integration of new projects into the PDP (product development process) process and partner with the cross functional team leads to validate stage-gate deliverables.
- Responsible and accountable for establishing a clear organizational vision, building process excellence, building organizational capability, driving execution, and measuring and improving performance to deliver market leading quality and time to market.
- Provide subject matter expertise to engineering team and other functional teams including Industrial Design, Manufacturing and Quality.
- Develop a motivated high-performance team of Engineers and enable their success with coaching, tools and training
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of the Company s manufacturing capabilities to ensure product development projects are best designed to fit capabilities.
- Own all aspects of 2D and 3D CAD including the identification of critical dimensions and establishment of standards for the manufacturing plants.
- Provide oversight for engineering documentation (BOMS, Engineering Drawings, Qualification plans, etc)
- Identify and implement continuous improvement opportunities within the product as well as the product development process.
Requirements Director of Engineering:
- Bachelor s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related engineering field.
- Demonstrated examples of managing product development projects from concept to introduction to market, preferably in the consumer goods industry
- Strong project management skills
- 5+ years in leading technical/engineering teams with direct reports
- Experience working directly with Product Management and Industrial Design teams
- Experience with value engineering/cost reduction
- Experience with 2D, 3D CAD software
- Experience with UL/ETL requirements
- Stage-gate development process experience
- Experience with product testing and evaluation
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally (10%)
?Desired for Director of Engineering:
- PMP certification
- Six Sigma knowledge, particularly with the utilization of data driven analysis.
- Experience with Finite Element Analysis (FEA) and/or Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD)
- Strong knowledge of plastic injection molding
- Exposure to new and innovative technologies in a product R&D setting such as wireless, Bluetooth, home automation, etc.
Associated topics: ansys, fluid, mechanical engineer, mechanic, naval, proe, propulsion, rotordynamic, solidworks, turbomachinery
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...